MediaMath is a global technology company that's leading the movement to revolutionize traditional marketing and empowering marketers to unleash the power of goal-based marketing at scale, transparently across the enterprise. Our platform - TerminalOne Marketing Operating System - handles billions of transactions every hour and hundreds of millions of internet users every day, which means every solution must be built to scale. Our breakthroughs create new marketplaces and solve long-standing problems in an industry that is constantly evolving. Our engineers are building the leading technology platform to power the new digital marketing ecosystem, and we are looking for driven, curious innovators to join our team.
MediaMath is the leading independent programmatic company for marketers. Our technology and services enable marketers to reach the audiences they want at the scale they need to achieve the outcomes they desire. Our product team is tasked with end to end ownership of product areas, from ideation and strategy to commercial success through to client impact.
Our Product organization is seeking a certified UX leader to create the vision, execution and oversight of our entire customer experience and drive design culture across our organization.
Responsible for the design and delivery of exceptional user experiences across all products, the VP, UX will bring a strong vision for how UX research and design can transform our product and company. You will empower our product teams to apply design thinking and lean UX best practices in order to rapidly deliver to a world class experience to our customers.
This newly created role will be a critical thought leader as we undertake a massive revamp of our core platform. The right person understands the importance of thought leadership in developing strategies geared toward innovation and will have vision and influence to build the new UX from the ground up.
This is an opportunity to take smart and deliberate risks as you evangelize design thinking across all teams and levels.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to existing features, as well as future of new platforms (inclusive of migration strategy)
- Partner with Product and Engineering to establish a nimble development process that incorporates users at every stage.
- Prioritize tasks, manage expectations, mitigate risks and offer creative approaches to achieving design solutions even in the context of challenging constraints.
- Solve business problems by applying the relevant design methodologies, including translating concepts into the relevant deliverables to support the development of user friendly products.
- Facilitate product vision by researching, conceiving, wire-framing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for products.
- Plan the future of Product Design / UX team and lead hiring efforts.
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities. As part of our global technology team, you may be required to be work off-hours or be on-call on a rotating basis. Other duties may be assigned, as needed. MediaMath retains the right to change job duties at any time.
- Bachelor's Degree ideally in architecture, industrial design, HCI, digital media or graphic design
- 5+ years of UX leadership building digital products cross-platforms at a rapidly-scaling company; ideally within an AdTech organization
- Deep leadership and management experience, within mid- large organizations, developing UX teams, people and their careers; influencing Engineering and Product organizations of 300+
- Demonstrated implementation of emerging interaction design standards, best practices and emerging trend and technologies
- Effective cross-functional collaboration, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and product stakeholders.
- Ability to translate business requirements into elegant and intuitive design solutions, balancing user needs, business goals and technology constraints.
- Technical know-how to work with development team on the benefits, possibilities and constraints of proposed technologies and platforms
- Ability to scope and manage projects through all phases, from kick-off through to delivery.
How do we reward our outstanding Mathletes? We start with company equity, comprehensive medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability and life insurance, open paid time off, free on-site chair massages and our 401(k) and 401(k) matching. We then serve-up flexible spending accounts, bagel Fridays, free snacks and sodas, and the latest and greatest technology you need to do your job (including cellphone bill allowance). And the cherry on top? Regular happy hours and events; including Potlucks, Trivia Nights, and pick-up basketball, to name a few.
MediaMath employees can expect to work in an environment governed by Math Values: Obsess About Outcomes; Innovate to Scale; Win/Win Wins; Make Decisions, Take Responsibility.